Something sweet and it’s good for your skin? Yes please!
I was sent some goodies from XOXO Sugar Cosmetics that I’m excited to share with you guys.
XOXO Sugar Cosmetics is a new line of homemade affordable bath and body products made of raw ingredients that smell good enough to eat. Some of these products even help skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Since it is made of raw ingredients, they do warn that there are nuts in some of the products. So if you have nut allergies, you may want to consult with your doctor first.
Products I tried:
It smells as good as it sounds! I loved this lip balm because out of all the lip balms out there, this one didn’t sit on top of my lips. A little goes a long way with this product so if you’re applying it and it starts to turn white, that means you put too much on.
With ingredients like coconut oil and jojoba oil, my lips felt very hydrated. I was also able to use a little bit under a couple matte lipsticks that always make my lips feel dry.
A true whipped body butter, in my opinion, melts into the skin…LITERALLY! This was also my favorite product from the line because not only did it smell amazing but as soon as I applied it, it really did melt into my skin. A little goes a long way but it had my skin feeling so good.
Mango butter, jojoba oil and shea butter are just a few of the ingredients that make up this body butter. I applied this after by shower right before I went to bed and in the morning my skin was so soft. A definite must try!
Yes, the name of it sounds heavenly and so are it’s helpful benefits. This acne fighting, moisture replenishing mask brings your skin back to life! But before using, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DIRECTIONS! This is not your typical clay mask your just open up and apply to your face, you also have to add water or milk, non-clog poring oil (argan oil or sweet almond oil if what they recommend on their site) and egg whites. Basically I thought I was about to bake a cake on my face.
Honestly, if my mask was suppose to turn out like the picture on their site, it didn’t. I made mine kind of runny which made me use the whole packet of the powder to thicken the mask.
- Smells amazing! There’s real cocoa, honey powder, and coconut milk powder in this mask but TRUST ME…this product is not meant to be eaten. I tasted it and it was nasty.
- Tightened and minimized my pores. I normally don’t have large pores but when I do they’re on my nose. Egg whites are great for doing this.
- Great for oily skin! I’m combination to normal however I oil up a little on my “T-zone” area. This mask sucked out all that oil without over-drying my skin.
- Since this was my first time trying this product, I didn’t like that I had to mix multiple products in order to use the mask. If didn’t have sweet almond oil or anymore organ oil so instead I used coconut oil.
- My mask came out too runny. This could have also been my fault but I followed the directions the best I could. I think the egg whites are what make it feel that way so I suggest just adding a little at a time until you get a nice consistency.
This is your typical bronzer, this is bronzers with 24K gold mica! This is a more natural way of adding shimmer to your skin instead of regular body shimmer that is plastic and literally sits on top of your skin.
This has the same ingredients as the whipped body butter but just simmer is added to it. It still has that “melt into your skin” effect and doesn’t give an oily feel to the skin.
Again, this is more of a natural looking shimmer added to your skin so if you like to look like a disco ball, then this isn’t for you. It also comes in bronze and copper finishes.